Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DramaLLama

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
I've researched and apparently this is a very common issue among many versions of OS X and I cannot for the life of me find a solution.

My wifi will hang and disconnect at seemingly random intervals, usually no longer than an hour or so apart until I turn off/turn on the wifi to reconnect to my network, or ANY other wifi network that I use... have you guys been having this problem and is there a working, permanent solution out there?

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
I've researched and apparently this is a very common issue among many versions of OS X and I cannot for the life of me find a solution.

My wifi will hang and disconnect at seemingly random intervals, usually no longer than an hour or so apart until I turn off/turn on the wifi to reconnect to my network, or ANY other wifi network that I use... have you guys been having this problem and is there a working, permanent solution out there?
I have no advice. My Wi-Fi won't cut out but if I change hotspots, then go to office or home I need to toggle it off/on before it works again.

This has been going on since my Lion days... never an issue with Snow Leopard. Strangely enough, Windows XP, 7 and Win8 never have a wi-fi problem be it in boot camp or running virtually. :(

DramaLLama

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Bump... changing channels didn't work, lowering MTU didn't work, making a new network location didn't work...

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Bump... changing channels didn't work, lowering MTU didn't work, making a new network location didn't work...

If you have a Mac Book or Mac book Pro or a Mac Book Air then try another wireless point. Then you can see if it is your Mac or the router.

Also try making a test user account and see how that connects.

DianeK

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2013
Same problem here since upgrading to ML and tried same things you did with no resolution. :(
Diane

DramaLLama

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Same problem here since upgrading to ML and tried same things you did with no resolution. :(
Diane
I have tried EVERYTHING I could find on this subject.. I finally decided to re-format my MBP and start over again with a clean slate of ML.

...since doing so after my last post in this thread, everything is working without any trouble.

DianeK

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2013
Thanks for posting back. When it comes to OS, now that Jobs is gone, Apple is no better and perhaps even worse than Microsoft. Never thought I would ever utter those words.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.