Wifi hd with iPad -- experience?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nychot, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking of getting a wifi hd for use with my iPad. Who has one how are you using it? Can it transfer WORD data etc? I believe Kingston makes a 16 and 32 gb.

2. poloponies Suspended

The better option for WiFi storage would be something like this:

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/pr...atellite-_-e&gclid=COfGsKLqna8CFYoDQAodWVh6cw

Not sure why you'd want to keep Word docs on an external device because they use so little space.

3. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I'm still reading of issues with the Seagate even after the update.

Look at the AirStash. I like that it supports SD cards, but $ per Gig storage of the Satellite is hard to beat.

4. Nychot thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes the seagate gets terrible reviews. The Kingston gets good reviews. If I understand correctly the Kingston app can actualky contain the files -- video music data files so you can view hear read etc WITHOUT wifi anywhere . I hope I'm correct about that. For about $40 I can add 16 gb to my 16 gb iPad which is a great deal. Or 32 gb for about $80 as opposed to to $100 or $200 for a 32 or 64gb iPad. Any comments?

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

6. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

You don't need Internet access to use them.
    They make their own wifi hotspot minus Internet.

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

WiFi or not those Kingston Wi-Drive don't appear to be a good value at 32G (US$175). If you're sharing among a handful of nearby friends then maybe it's a slightly better value but for one to one IMHO there are other options.

8. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

The Kinston 32 GB is $89.99 on Amazon and the 16GB is $43.99.
    and
    http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Wi-D...APEI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333638634&sr=8-1

What better option is there if you are not at home or near a internet connection?
    Yes there is a work around for movies with the Camera kit and SD card but it won't work with anything else other then pictures and video.
    And you still have to buy the connection kit and the SD card which is most likely not much cheaper then the Kinston.