wifi help!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by manning015, May 27, 2008.

1. manning015 macrumors newbie

i was recently at a hotel and i logged onto the wifi at the hotel and i left my ipod on over night and the next morning it was no longer connected so i figuered the wifi for the hotel had a problem but the i got home from my trip and i tried to connect to my home wifi and it cannot connect to that either. i tried a few places and hot spots around town and it refuses to connect and i keep recieving the "unable to join the network (network name)" message when i go to the wifi settings page. if someone knows any pointers on what is wrong or what i should do that would be very helpful!!! thank you

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

first option (before suggesting restoring) would be to do a seach in network settings and when you see your router click the blue arrow and scroll to the bottom and click forget network and connect to the router again re-entering the passkey and see if that atleast helps with your home network.

if that doesn't work only option I could think of would be to restore the device

3. manning015 thread starter macrumors newbie

i tired to do the forget network thing but that isnt even an option anymore, the routers are shown when i search for networks but it will not let me connect, i tried to restore everything and that didnt help either, i am debating weather i should bring it back to the apple store or not

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

sounds like a legitimate fault to deem taking it in