Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Is it normal, not to see (top left) the wi-fi icon, on the display, although it’s turned on and in use? Is this a bug perhaps?

Rider3

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2011
Would help to know what phone you have. My SE 2020 is on the left, 12P & Mini is on the right.

Rider3

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2011
Its a 6s+
Make sure your WI-FI is turned on in "Settings" and you're near WI-FI.
Does the WI-FI settings say not connected and do you see your network listed?
Does it show your cellular connection on the left side?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Although the wi-fi icon had dissapeared, it was working. I did a reboot and all came back to normal… very strange, but all well now!

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2013
I've experienced this quite a bit, though when I was on iOS 13. Rebooting always fixes it, it's just a graphical glitch.

Reactions: zoran

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
iOS suffers from more such graphicall issues, aren’t they gonna be addressed?

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
iOS suffers from more such graphicall issues, aren’t they gonna be addressed?
Every computer known to humankind is subject to unexpected behavior that can be resolved by a simple restart. If the same fault keeps reoccurring (and occurs to a significant number of users), then we usually consider them bugs. The conditions that lead up to the fault can be duplicated and analyzed, and the software or operating environment modified as necessary.

If they happen once then they're not bugs, they're just accidents. Nobody was hurt, just move on with your life.

But sure - everything should be perfect. You want to make sure that someone can't crash their car into another car, or cut a finger on a broken shard of glass, or pour too much milk over their breakfast cereal?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.