WiFi in SF

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Geckotek, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I'm travelling to SF tomorrow and plan to carry my WiFi iPad 2 around with me.

My question is, is WiFi ubiquitous enough in SF that I should have good coverage or should I JB my iPhone before I leave so I can tether?

2. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

You'll get wifi at Starbucks or other coffee shops, but it's not widespread.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I live in the Bay Area but I don't travel much to San Francisco, so I can't answer your question of WiFi coverage.

But regarding tethering and having to Jailbreak your iPhone, you know that AT&T pro-rates the tethering plan, so if you don't want to pay for a whole months worth ($20), you can just pay $.66 a day and still be allowed to use up-to 4GB of data.

I gave up my unlimited plan because I never even came close to using 2GB, and even with tethering and my most heaviest usages, I still stayed under 1 GB (I was on a week long trip and shared my connection with my iPad and 2 other iPhones).

[​IMG]

4. XXFirefighter macrumors regular

There's a starbucks on every block downtown.
    And you should be able to find a open network somewhere if you NEED it.

5. Geckotek thread starter macrumors G3

Geckotek

Thanks for the feedback....not giving up unlimited. As surely as it's low today, it will spike tomorrow.