Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I have an ipad mini w/ retina 16gb wifi only.

Since I have gotten it, the wifi has been spotty at best. I know it's the ipad because my imac and iphone seem to work fine when the mini just hangs when trying to load webpages. When it hangs, i can restart the ipad and it works fine. It is so annoying having to restart it all the time.

If I use it a few hours, I'd probably have to restart every 30-45 minutes. I've tried restoring and setting up as new to no avail.

Is this a known problem or should I take it in?

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
I had some issues when first got the Air. Using AirPort Extreme, needed to reboot the router and that solved my problems. Also make sure you have latest router software installed.

qua

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2006
Same, but fixed it

Mine began with one of those incremental updates to the system. It worked fine at home with the Airport, but very spotty anywhere else. Backed up on iTunes – did a restore to factory settings (this with the updates included) – then did a full restore. Took a while, but solved all my problems.

qua

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2006
Follow-up

Not working again with non-Airport wifi - Apple help made ma an appointment at Apple Store after running all efforts. That's Thursday.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Have you tried resetting network settings? (Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings)

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Thought I would add here and save opening a new thread, but my iPad Mini retina 32GB WiFi only model has been having issues. It for instance can't play a You Tube video smoothly, it tops and buffers or reduces the quality, everything else works fine plus it does it at my home AND at work on 5GHZ and 2.4GHZ networks.
It will also drop the network too.

I read around and it seems this was a known issue to an extent, does getting a replacement fix it? Kinda makes it a nice doorstop when the WiFi isn't working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.