wifi ipad 2 location services not working

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dread, Apr 6, 2011.

1. dread macrumors 6502a

Hi everyone,
    I'm having a strange issue and would like some input. I have a wifi ipad 2 which I know does not have a gps, but should still be able to determine my location. For some reason when in google maps or trying to use find my ipad the ipad cannot be located or determine my location. However, when using the weather channel app my location is determined immediately. Location services are on including for the google maps app. Any ideas on the problem could be. I can't imagine it is a hardware problem, but some of you may better understand how the location services work on the wifi ipad 2 than I do.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I think its a bug, I've had the same issue.

Fix: turn off the iPad, then turn it back on (this worked for me, but results may very).

3. dread thread starter macrumors 6502a

tried that with no luck. Google earth can't find me either. I just installed my skin and screen protector so I would like to avoid exchanging the ipad.

4. dread thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just tried resetting network settings and that didn't work either.

5. dread thread starter macrumors 6502a

did a hard reset by holding power and home buttons and the problem is fixed for now. I am not sure why this was any different than turning it off and on.

6. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Aha!!!! This just fixed mine!! :)