WiFi iPad only and my GPS and....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ken987, May 9, 2010.

1. ken987 macrumors member

Hi,
    Well I was reading boards and remembered I had an old BT GPS lying around from my windows smartphone days....

I bought the cydia app roqy-bt and fired it up. I have Navigon....well it worked...almost...If I pick show maps...it stays with me all over the place...if I pick a route....it does the starting point...and when I go...nothing....
    Now roqy-bt is tracking me in Knots....so when I'm in Navigon...my speed is zero....but as I said...show map...traces me...argh..
    So anyone else do some experimenting? Before I spend money on Tom Tom and hope it works.....OR is my old BT GPS just no good....
    I did try the Gokivo...and that workes...BUT I can't get MYWI to work right so once Im out of wifi range it dies....if I could get MYWI to work then I would pay for Gokivo....but that's another story...

So anyone have any ideas? Is Roqy-bt modifiable? Or has anyone got any navigation app to work with this kind of setup?

2. myipad123 macrumors newbie

same thing here. Navigon can track my position but after the initial start the screen just stop.tom tom won't even get gps signal.

using the same setup ( navigon + roqybt + holux m100 reciever)
    on the iphone 3gs, everything works( tried it deep inside the house to make sure internal 3gs chip does not get signal.holux by the window). I tried motion x gps on the iphone 3gs (gps via roqybt ) , i get excellent reception. On the ipad i get weak signal using motion x gps.

setup

ipad wifi 3.2

roqybt 9.8-3-excellent signal chart
    holux m100 bt receiver
    navigon- can pinpoint location only. won't move after initial start
    tom tom- weak signal. connect to gps message
    motionx- can pinpoint location; weak signal

iphone 3gs 3.13

Everything works great on the iphone 3gs.