Wifi is it a software or hardware issue.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Corynn, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Corynn macrumors newbie

First off, *waves* I'm new here.

So picture this. Two iPhone 4's, one purchased mid September 2010, upgraded as available. The second purchased about a month ago, has not seen a software update. Side by side. First phone has a two bar wifi signal. Second phone gets full wifi. On a different day, same scenario first phone can't even see the network, second phone is still showing full wifi connection.

Thoughts?

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

You might try resetting Network settings, I doubt that it will help, but its worth a shot.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You might also try restoring and setting up as new.

4. Corynn thread starter macrumors newbie

OK so now what?

So I finally got the nerve to try a restore. Now I'm getting "itunes is unable to read the contents of Corynn's iphone, please go to the summary tab and hit restore...blah, blah farking blah."

I'm on the third restore and ready to throw it out the window.

Any other ideas?

Oh and it appears to have done nothing for the wifi connection.

5. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

6. Corynn thread starter macrumors newbie

I took it to a Genius. He gave me a new phone. So glad I didn't bother trying to wait it out.

7. Corynn thread starter macrumors newbie

I posted too soon. I try to get to the business of downloading my apps and the thing starts repeatedly crashing. I call Apple support who's response is... "That's not normal, take it back." It took me forever to get there in the first place! So very frustrated!