WiFi is not working since jailbreak+apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by toonz diggler, Dec 27, 2007.

1. toonz diggler macrumors member

Hi

can some 1 pleaseeeeee help ... I am sitting right next to my router and PC set up, and since yesterday I can not pick up WIFI on the touch ... When I go 2 settings and select a wifi, it lets me pick linksys which in mine with a FULL BAR...

The apps I installed were all the iphone features; maps,weather,mail
    Nes,Sudoku,4 balls,Tetromino,gps phone.

I've downloaded and tried to run the following programs, that have not worked for me..

Cyberduck,Iorder,Transmit.

this is very frustrating, but I have faith; since this board has been excellent to me so far, in only my first month.

THANKS!!!

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

sorry but I am slightly confused you say wifi is not working but go on to say in your post that you downloaded apps but they dont work?

if they downloaded your wifi works its the apps that have the issue in this case.

could you explain more to what the problem is?

EDIT: just had a thought do you have OpenSSH installed on the touch? as this is needed to ftp into the touch

3. dagored macrumors 65816

Yes it is needed!

4. toonz diggler thread starter macrumors member

SORRY..

prior to jailbreaking my ipod, my WIFI was fine. After, I jailbroke it, it worked fine. I installed apollo,weather,maps etc .. fine.

Later in the night I tried installing Cyberduck,Iorder,Transmit-(which did not work on my MAC).

So I then went and played xbox, 2 hours later, I try to connect to WiFi and it does not work.

I so not know if cyberduck,iorder,transmit are the cause of it. but I cant uninstall because no WIFI

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

do you have openssh installed on touch via installer?

6. toonz diggler thread starter macrumors member

i do not recall if i installed it.. How can I check?

7. toonz diggler thread starter macrumors member

I'm wondering if I should restore it, and start from scratch

8. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Yeah that should fix it and then if it doesn't take your wiped iPod to an Apple store to get it fixed, as it would be a hardware problem (don't worry they wont be able to tell you jailbroke it)

9. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Um, if you're refering to Mac apps then how can you not uninstall because of no WiFi? And also, using Installer you can uninstall apps on the iPod with no WiFi...(IIRC)