Wifi is terrible, excellent with Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by bontempi, May 24, 2015.

1. bontempi macrumors member

Hi

Yosemite really screwed my Macbook Pro 15" 2012 wifi connection.

Connecting to the wifi is very slow, often fails. Then, wifi randomly stops working, sometimes i get a beachball and safari becomes unstable, the only fix is to disconnect the wifi and re-connect it. Airplay video performance is terrible, with very slow framerate and butchered sound. Problems appeared as soon as i installed Yosemite, and haven't been fixed by 10.10.3.

I've installed Mountain Lion on a separate partition, and wifi is perfectly fine here, so is Airplay. Maverick was also fine, never had a problem.

Any help ?

2. Stylobic macrumors newbie

at least you have the possibility to install previous OS, I cannot on my 2015 macbook pro and have to live with this crappy wifi ! And if it was the only yosemite issue...

3. ABC5S macrumors 68040

I'm using the most current Apple Extreme / Have the fastest DNS server / My router mode is DHCP & NAT / and changed my location to where I live in Network settings & using Yosemite , and not one issue to report.

4. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

Try a little experiment:
    • Create a new partition on your internal hard drive.
    • Install a clean version of Yosemite to the new partition.
    • Boot to the new partition where you installed the clean Yosemite. Don't install anything new, leave Yosemite as a basic install.
    • Setup WiFi like you previously did. See if the WiFi issues still happens.
    • When you are done, boot back to your primary Yosemite partition and delete the new partition.