Wifi issue iOS 10

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Alexrat1996, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Alexrat1996 Suspended

I have a wifi issue in iOS 10 my wireless router disconnected today and the iPad reconnected but the iPhone did not I had to go to settings then wifi to reconnect is this something to do with my router ?

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Did your iPhone successfully re-connect to wifi?

3. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

Yes after me manually connecting it again

4. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

When your iPhone Disconnected, it required you to 'Forget Wifi' and then re-enter your information. It's nothing more than a lost Signal. Nothing is wrong with your Router. It's happened to me as well.

5. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Were you on a call at the time? Just curious.

6. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

Nope not on a call

7. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Okay. I was just wondering because Apple doesn't seem to be able to have an iPhone automatically connect to home wifi (such as when I pull into the driveway) while on a call. I always have to go into Settings and connect manually. Every other make of phone can pretty much handle this Herculean task.

8. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

Hmm, I wonder if this is carrier or router specific, as I've had the wifi part of this work in older iOS. Although the issue I used to have was that with wifi calling enabled, the call would drop when wifi connected on arriving home...

9. Europa13 macrumors 6502

It's actually a Bluetooth problem. I've tested it with two different carriers and three different routers on my home network as well as multiple other networks. If you're on a Bluetooth phone call, you can't auto-connect to a known WiFi network when you arrive within range of the network; you have to manually connect. Take Bluetooth out of the equation with your phone call, and it connects fine.