WiFi issue on 6+

Fredo C

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
Sittting right next to my router and the Plus is not picking it up. I rebooted and it works now. Anyone else have this problem. I'm hoping it's just an iOS bug and not a hardware issue.

Similar thing happened at work yesterday, so it's not an isolated incident.

nlkccom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2008
Happened to me once. It wasn't able to detect any wifi signal around me. Restarted the phone and haven't had that problem since.

OrderFromChaos

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
Sittting right next to my router and the Plus is not picking it up. I rebooted and it works now. Anyone else have this problem. I'm hoping it's just an iOS bug and not a hardware issue.

Similar thing happened at work yesterday, so it's not an isolated incident.
Yes, I had the same issue with my 6 Plus. Resetting the network settings helped for a little bit, but the slowest came back. I tried turning off Wifi location services, but no luck. Finally, changing my router from WEP to WPA2 did the trick.

I don't think it's an iOS 8 bug since my iPad Air has no issues, and definitely not the router as all the other devices work perfect.

tiggertoo

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2011
Midwest, USA
The problem I have using my wifi is not the distance or signal, but the speed is slow. So slow that I have been switching to using my cellular data often. And that's way too often to be using up the data on the cell plan. Ugh.
I will try the change in router configuration. I also have an iPad Air and am not having any issues on iOS 8 on wifi.

OrderFromChaos

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
The problem I have using my wifi is not the distance or signal, but the speed is slow. So slow that I have been switching to using my cellular data often. And that's way too often to be using up the data on the cell plan. Ugh.
I will try the change in router configuration. I also have an iPad Air and am not having any issues on iOS 8 on wifi.
Mine was a speed issue, and I did the same with with cellular data. I was in the same room as my router but see was seeing < 1Mbps on Wifi. I could take the iPad anywhere in the house without any issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.