WiFi Issue (watchOS 3 Beta)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by cwosigns, Aug 24, 2016.

1. cwosigns macrumors 65816

Hello there,

I have two Apple Watches, both of which are running the watchOS 3 beta and both paired to an iPhone 6s Plus running the latest iOS 10 beta. Here is my issue.

When I put on Watch #1, Watch #2 is unpaired and only shows the red "not connected to the phone" icon; it does not show the green cloud icon that shows it's connected to my home wifi network.

When I put on Watch #2, Watch #1 is unpaired but shows the green cloud icon that indicates it's connected to my Wifi network.

In essence, Watch #2 will only connect via Bluetooth it seems, and will not connect to WiFi. I was able to fix it briefly yesterday by forgetting my 5 GHz SSID on my phone and only connecting to the 2.4 GHz SSID (and then reconnecting to the 5 GHz SSID). But some point between yesterday and today, it has stopped working again. Not sure what to make of this.

Anyone else noticing this issue?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Sounds like Watch #2 doesn't have the wifi passcode stored. What you need to do is pair it and forget the network on iPhone, then re-connect to the network.

3. cwosigns thread starter macrumors 65816

I changed the 2.4 and 5 GHz network names to be the same thing, hoping that will help (it was a suggestion on another thread). We'll see if that fixes it when I get home tonight and change watches.