WiFi issues after 4.1 update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jasonforisrael, Sep 8, 2010.

1. jasonforisrael macrumors regular

My iPhone 4 seems to sporadically lose its connection to my WiFi network now after the update.

I'll be using it, and then suddenly notice that I'm on Edge (no 3G where I'm at currently). Then it will ask me to rejoin.

I didn't have any issues on the last version of the firmware so just wondering if anyone else is having WiFi trouble.

2. tac22 macrumors 6502

I'm having problems, to, but it will drop the signal and it doesn't ask to join again, actually it doesn't auto join ever so i have to go in an manual join

That being said i updated to 4.1 on friday with the GM and at the same time finally got a new wireless router, so unfortunately i can't isolate the issue, i'm going to be changing some setting in my router to see if that helps. Truthfully i think my issue isn't the OS.

3. gmikesell macrumors regular

I'm having a strange wifi issue too...

When I'm on wifi I can't send or receive SMS messages. Then I turn wifi off and I can send my messages and all of a sudden I'll get shotgunned with messages that queued. This is highly disturbing. I'm hoping it's actually ATT having tower or load issues. I've tried rebooting but that doesn't seem to help.

4. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

your wifi has nothing to do with at&t so i would be worried about that. take it to apple

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Couple recommendations on things to try: 1) switch Airplane mode off and then back on, 2) go to Settings->General->Reset Network Settings then rejoin your network.

6. gmikesell macrumors regular

Great idea!

Thanks JediMeister! I gave your suggestion a try and things seem stable again. Very cool! I was really hoping to avoid a trip to Apple. Looks like I don't need to worry about it now.

7. ljx718 macrumors 6502

yea, usually a network reset works

8. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

Yes, just reset all network settings and you should be good to go as evident in the post above me.

Resetting my connections also helped with my reception issue, when I first updated my phone went from having 5 bars in the house all the time to just 2 or 3, I reset the connections and BAM, 5 bars are back.

The real way to install 4.1 is to set it up as a new iPhone in my opinion but its such a pain in the a*s.