Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yellowplum

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
I downloaded and installed a fresh install of OS Mojave, but ever since then I am getting wifi issues which I can't seem to resolve.

I could be using the machine fine, as now, wifi is connected but then decides to loose the connection without disconnecting. I have tried to remove (forget) the network and reinstall, that didn't work, reset the PRAM and NVRAM that didn't work. Changed channel on the router and separated out 2.4 from 5ghz that didn't work.

None of the other machines that have not been upgraded have been affected, the iPhone works fine too, just this one I have upgraded so far.

What else can I do?

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Which wifi router are you using?
You mention that you split the network to 2.4Ghz and 5GHz, but you don't say which one you're using. Does the same thing happen on each?

How can it lose the connection without disconnecting?
What are the other machines that have been upgraded?

Need more details. Way more. :)

William Forrest

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2017
See my other posts on this subject. I believe there is a WiFi problem with Mojave 10.14.2. Rebooting has allowed me several hours of WiFi use so far.

22 Feb. update - I got an Apple person on the phone. He had me do an SMC reset, and magically my WiFi (and other problems involving the USB-C ports) were fixed.

Last edited:

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
See my other posts on this subject. I believe there is a WiFi problem with Mojave 10.14.2. Rebooting has allowed me several hours of WiFi use so far.

I’m running 10.14.2 and my wifi has been rock solid. 10.14.3 came out today though, might be worth a shot.

Easttime

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2015
I’ve been having the same problem with my 2018 mini. Intermittently loses abuility to connect to Internet while still connected to wifi. No fix sticks. Talk of USB/radio interference but I wonder about a software glitch too. On 14.2. No problem with my MacBook Pro at the same desk connected to the same peripherals.

dan.berman

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2019
Anyone find a solution to this? I've been troubleshooting my parents' 2018 Mac Mini, which is experiencing exactly the same wifi issue (max bars, frequent dropped internet for minutes or hours at a time, no wifi problem on any other nearby Apple devices). It's driving me crazy.

Adrian1145

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2019
I have the same problem, using Mojave on MacBook Pro 2013.
From the suggestions: how do you reboot? Or is that just Shut Down and Re-Start? I do that and the connection lasts for a while and then disconnects.

And what is an 'SMC reset'? This was suggested by someone in the thread. Clearly I'm not a techie...

Easttime

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2015
I have the same problem, using Mojave on MacBook Pro 2013.
From the suggestions: how do you reboot? Or is that just Shut Down and Re-Start? I do that and the connection lasts for a while and then disconnects.

And what is an 'SMC reset'? This was suggested by someone in the thread. Clearly I'm not a techie...
Reinstalling the OS from Recovery mode fixed my wifi problems with my 2018 Mac mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.