WiFi Issues - Anyone with Netgear N600 WNDR3700

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JulianL, Nov 27, 2010.

1. JulianL, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010

JulianL macrumors 65816

I've had constant WiFi issues with my iPad ever since I got it and my iPhone just started playing up with the 4.2.1 update as well now. Stuff works on other routers so I'm beginning to think that iOS and/or Apple hardware just doesn't like my router. Also, most times that I log into my router to try different things (changing the WiFi channel and stuff like that) it reboots as soon as I log in so I'm thinking that my router might be flaky (it is quite a few years old).

I've just given the game away with the "quite a few years old" comment. My thread title might be slightly misleading in that it is not a Netgear N600 WNDR3700 that is giving me problems. My current router is a Linksys WRT350N and I'm thinking that it might be time to change my router and the one that I'm considering switching to is the Netgear N600 WNDR3700 (http://www.netgear.com/home/products/wirelessrouters/high-performance/WNDR3700.aspx). For once when posting about a Wi-Fi issue the replies that I'm hoping to get back are an uninterupted stream of "Everything's perfect, no problem here" from N600 owners.

It looks like a high spec router with generally good reviews, I want gigabit wired ports for my main PC to NAS connection, and hopefully it will last me many years so I don't care that I could get an alternative for half the price. If it's genuinely rock solid then I'd rather buy once, buy top of the range, and be able to forget about it for the next 5 or more years.

- Julian

2. cirial macrumors regular

The wndr3700 is the best router I have tried. My iPad, iPhone and anything else I throw at it works just fine. Great coverage in my house. It blows away all the linksys routers. Definitely give it a try