WiFi Issues on 13" Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bpmou, Sep 21, 2009.

1. bpmou macrumors newbie

First Post, and it's because of an issue with my wireless. I have a three week old Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard, which i purchased and upgraded.

I am on Comcast cable internet with 9-10 meg download and 2-3 upload. I have three computers on the network, 1 mac, 2 pcs. I started noticing issues with my internet speed on my mac. I am getting 5-6 meg down and .5-1 meg upload speeds. When I check the PCs they are getting 8-9 meg down and 2-3 up. The PC are all on the second floor farthest away from the router, while the macbook is about 12 feet away direct line of site.

I can connect to other unlocked networks in my area and get speeds close to what the pcs are getting on my network. This incredibly irritating. Any thoughts. I called Apple and they told me that I probably need to have it looked at by the Genius Bar, thought I would check with you guys to see what you think.

Thanks!

2. polaris20 macrumors 68020

What are the speeds from the Mac when it's wired? What are the speeds from machine to machine within the network? I assume the PC's are wireless too?