wifi issues on ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bbhegedus, Dec 23, 2010.

1. bbhegedus macrumors regular

bbhegedus

my wifi on the iPad Wifi 16GB keeps going in and out. it's not a problem with my router because I know that it doesn't happen on anyone in my family's iPhone or my iPhone or my laptop. anyone else having this problem?

2. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

There have been times when my iPad just loses connection but it happens rarely. Have you done a hard reset? This seems to help intermittent problems. For me at least.

3. pv1191 macrumors member

Same here....don't know if it's a hardware or software issue. But i'm leaning to the software side. I do a hard reset and it's good for a long while

4. bbhegedus thread starter macrumors regular

bbhegedus

thank you both

5. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Have same issue on IP4 and iPad after it wakes from sleep. After I do a network reset (I know it loses known wifi networks) I'm good for at least a month or more. Definitely an iOS4 issue.

6. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

See, I'm totally in the other boat. I've never had a issue with wifi on my iP4. I'm still on 4.0.1 also.

7. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I know I had to update my firmware on my router and my network extenders. I also did a hard restart of my iPad. Seems to work and I haven't had any problems since.

8. bbhegedus thread starter macrumors regular

bbhegedus

I know that iOS 4.2 wasn't released because the GM for developers had wifi bugs so they redid the firmware hoping to solve the problems. that's why it is 4.2.1 not just 4.2. so that might be it, they never really fixed the wifi bug

9. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

This very well could be. I still get this "bug" thou if I turn off my iPad and keep it off for an extended period of time. It has troubles re-connecting. One thing I have done and it works on a regular basis if this happens. I do a release on my network setting. I then do a hard restart of my iPad right near my router. This seems to be the only thing that really works for me.

10. swy05 macrumors 6502

Hmm, I honestly don't know if this is a software issue. I'm honestly thinking it's a hardware issue and the fact that some of the ipad radio's are indeed defective.

I've never had any issues with Wifi with my ipad. I can go to just about any Wifi hotspot (Starbucks, Cosi's, someone's house, ski resort) and connect without having any disconnect issues. I've never had my iPad just disconnect randomly.

WEP, WPA. Doesn't make a difference.

Youtube on the other hand.... ughhh.