WiFi Issues on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lrrr, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Lrrr, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011

Lrrr macrumors newbie

My wifi worked perfectly for the first two weeks of ownership but now the phone has trouble getting onto my wireless network at home. It will hop on and off of the network intermittently but it is not receiving it's IP configuration. DHCP is enabled. My 3G is on the wireless network without any problems and my laptop too. But, yesterday my iPhone 4 got onto the wireless network at work without any problems. I've tried renewing IP config to no avail. I'll reconfirm DHCP configuration on the work wifi connection on Wednesday but in the meantime, I'm looking for other things I could troubleshoot. Any ideas? Thanks.

*Edit* In a mild fit of rage, I tried another lease renewal and now I seem to have full configuration from the DHCP server. We'll see how long this lasts.

2. Lrrr thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. It continues to drop the wifi connection and then it will state that it is unable to join.

3. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

Unfortunately, Apple is the only company that cannot seem to get WiFi working right.

Every product they make is plagued with wifi connectivity problems. I would recommend you try playing with the security settings as that seems to fix it for some.

4. Lrrr thread starter macrumors newbie

It's obviously a problem with my home wireless setup. The phone works perfectly on all other wifi networks I've tried. Back to the drawing board.

5. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

My Verizon-FIOS wireless router has always been a bit weird with the iPhone 4. Connects right up every time but long running sessions somethings hang and I have to cycle the WiFi. This has been true for serveral IP4s and across several versions of iOS 4.x Doesn't seem to happen on any other WiFi networks for me.