Wifi issues on late 2016 macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mctrials23, Sep 23, 2017.

1. mctrials23 macrumors 6502

I've had my touchbar 13" MBP for a while now and I am having quite a few issues with the wifi.

Quite regularly it will drop the connection, take ages to reconnect and do that quite often throughout the day. If I turn the wifi off and on again when its disconnecting/disconnected and then turn it back on it connects again almost instantly. If I leave it to sort itself out it can take a minute or more.

I don't get anything like full speed in my office even though on speedtest its usually a pretty consistent speed. It might only be 6mb but it will be solid 6mb, its not going up and down all over the place. I just did a speed test from my iPhone 7+ right next to the laptop and got the full speed. 50mb down and 10mb up. MBP got 6mb down and 2mb up.

Any ideas whats going on?

I deleted my wifi connnections plist a while ago to try and fix it but it didn't do anything.

2. patrickplaggenborg macrumors newbie

I had some similar issues with my MacBook Pro 15" Touch Bar. Wifi would just drop throughout the day.

Try updating to High Sierra. Fixed all WiFi issues for me.

3. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

What router are you using? Any QoS settings you've missed or any other settings?

4. mctrials23 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've been on high sierra for a week or so now and im still having the issues.

I'm using google wifi which doesn't have the most comprehensive admin system ever. I've dug through everything I can but nothing turns up.

Perhaps now I am on high sierra I will flush my connections plist and start again

5. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

It could be a hangup from a previous configuration.

I'd also make sure of a few things from your router. Make sure you have separate SSID's for 2.4Ghz/5Ghz, and do a channel scan (Open up wireless diagnostics, - Window / Scan) to see if you can set it to a less busy channel. Either of those things can cause the issues you described.