WiFi issues related to MyWi?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pacdamac9, Apr 26, 2010.

1. pacdamac9 macrumors member

I havent been able to connect to any WiFi signals... not at home, not at a friends.

So I removed MyWi and I still had no luck, so I reinstalled it and then my WiFi started to work again. But shortly after it crapped out again.

The wierd thing is... When I turn MyWi on, I can connect my 3GS to MyWi using WiFi.

Has anyone else had any problems with their WiFi?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Never had a prob with MyWi.
    Maybe your wifi chip is on its last leg.

3. molder macrumors newbie

I started having this problem about 2 days ago after tethering with MyWi and was about to post this myself. HELP!!!!

4. pacdamac9 thread starter macrumors member

i read that reseting th network settings would help....?

i'll have to try that when i get home...

could i be having problems because i unlocked using blacksn0w?

5. molder macrumors newbie

Worked for me...at least I assume. At work there are networks around me that are locked and can't connect to. But before resetting network connections I was unable to even FIND that they exist and now they show up. Thanks!! Give it a shot later and let me know if it works for you too!

6. pacdamac9 thread starter macrumors member

it worked for me...

i hope this was just a one time fix... its goin to suck having to re-enter passwords for each network every time this happens.

7. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I am experiencing the same problem. I just purchased the most recent version and installed it and now my iPhone wont connect to my home WiFi. I have reset the network settings as stated above and that did not work. I then uninstalled it and now I have no WiFi at all. I have not attempted to reinstall it yet as I am waiting to see if the developer or anyone figures something out. I do not want to restore and risk losing my jailbreak permenantly. I am using a 3GS with 3.1.2. If anyone figures out what is going on, please inform us.

8. molder macrumors newbie

It does, but unfortunately I've had to get a replacement for my phone from Apple a month or so ago and already had to do that. Does anybody know if it saves it somewhere where we can backup?