Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
Hi there,

From the start of iOS 8, all the way up to 8.2 I never had any problems with WIFI connectivity.

Now, my WIFI bars are full but internet connectivity just stops responding. Pages wont load, Twitter doesn't update etc

Other devices in the house not having the issue except for the iPad, also having the problem since 8.3 came out.

Seems that the Virgin Superhub 2 which I use seems to have all sorts of problems connecting to iOS 8.3 devices for some reason.

Any one else experiencing similar issues?

I have done the usual Reset Network Settings, reboot etc and made no difference.

Thanks

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
WIFI issues since 8.3

same... and it was known issue. hopefully a fix comes soon. (and hopefully the fix doesnt then brake something else (abit skeptical nowadays to get anything that will just work))

Last edited:

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
same... and it is known issue. hopefully a fix comes soon. (and hopefully the fix doesnt then brake something else (abit skeptical nowadays to get anything that will just work))

What is a known issue? 8.2 had someone wifi issues that 8.3 fixed. Have no wifi issues in 8.3.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
sorry, i meant it was known issue (before 8.3).

with 8.2 i had none issues related to network, now with 8.3 wifi is unresponding. it always the same, when they fix something, they break another thing...

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
No issues here. You should do a good backup and then do a fresh install. If you have the same problems with a fresh install then it's hardware and you need to make an appointment with Apple. If not, then it's your backup.

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
It's not hardware.

Otherwise my iPad Air and iPhone 6 are suddenly broken in the same manner. It's iOS 8.3 that is the problem.

----------

sorry, i meant it was known issue (before 8.3).

with 8.2 i had none issues related to network, now with 8.3 wifi is unresponding. it always the same, when they fix something, they break another thing...

Same here, exactly that.

Woochifer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Nope, no wi-fi issues here either.

When making any sort of wi-fi update on the client side, you should also confirm that the router firmware is up-to-date. Back in the days before integrated wi-fi adaptors became commonplace, it was standard practice to update the adaptor and router concurrently, since changes to one would very often affect the other.

Even now, certain chipset combinations don't play nice, especially if they're setup to include legacy hardware. On my home router, it have it setup to only accept Wireless-N connections. In my experience, the connections were a lot less reliable if I had the router set to also accept Wireless-G and B connections.

masa061902

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2015
I have the exact same issues that you have with my iPhone 6 on 8.3. Had to revert back to 8.2 to fix the problem. It's weird because my iPad mini 2 with 8.3 has no wifi connection issues...it seems this problems doesn't affect that many people, but let's hope Apple fixes this in 8.4.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
It's not hardware.

Otherwise my iPad Air and iPhone 6 are suddenly broken in the same manner. It's iOS 8.3 that is the problem.

----------

Same here, exactly that.

Forgot to add, iphone 6 works fine as well.

Is this on any wifi network including home wifi and public wifi? Have you tried a restore?

Wymapper

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2014
Lots of reloads in 8.3 Safari

I'm getting lots of reloads on my iPad 2 in Safari in iOS 8.3, doesn't seem to happen often on my iPhone 5s. Also, system reboots occasionally, which never happen in 8.2 or earlier iOS versions. Running WiFi on latest Time Capsule and testing on an earlier Time Capsule. My Mid 2014 2.5 GHz MacBook Pro is running download speeds of 65-66 Mbps in both wifi and hardwired, 55 on 2012 Time Capsule. The iPad 2 runs at 25 to 45Mbps downloads in speed tests. Safari seems to reload a lot on more on complex long news pages which have a lot of mixed ads, videos, and images. Runs fine on large HD videos. Doesn't happen often on Chrome.

It seems like the Apple iOS staff are playing wack-a-mole, fix WiFi on one version/hardware, but create more problems on others.

masa061902

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2015
I found a solution to this problem that may work for users with iPhones that work with VolTe after the 8.3 update. Go to Settings→Cellular→Enable LTE→uncheck "Voice & Data" and check "Data Only". This immideatly fixed my wifi issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.