Wifi issues since tvOS upgrade

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by 2010mini, Jan 29, 2016.

1. 2010mini macrumors 68040

anyone else keep getting the "No network Detected" message while streaming?

I am now getting this since the last tvOS update. It doesn't seem to affect iTunes streaming, but it does Hulu.

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

I haven't experienced that since the update, the day it was released. Everything, including Hulu, is zipping along quickly. Maybe it's the way your WiFi is configured? Which band are you connecting to? Channel? Autoselect...?

3. 2010mini thread starter macrumors 68040

I've never had wifi issues in my house. I have two APs covering the whole house and only started experiencing this issue since the update.

4. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

It's always tempting to blame service or providers, but maybe look at your network setup -- what band are you connecting to your router on? Maybe it's a congested channel -- have you looked at that? There are some great apps for measuring channel utilization for your location, I use WiFi Explorer myself -- though I don't understand much of what it does, it tells me which channel(s) are best and I'm not experiencing the issues you describe... Good luck!!! :)

Screenshot of Google Chrome (1-29-16, 8-31-30 PM).png

5. Imac Sam macrumors 6502

Imac Sam

I am also having this issue since the last update. I never had this issue with my ATV2 or ATV3. For me it's only the 5G signal in my network, never the slower 2G signal.