WiFi issues with 2013 MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by maharajji, Aug 20, 2013.

1. maharajji macrumors newbie

I'm on my 2nd MBA 2013 replacement from Best Buy and *still* have WiFi issues and am debating on either getting a 3rd replacement or just getting a refund. I don't even know if Best Buy would be willing to make an exchange for a 3rd time, but the way things are looking I feel like just getting a refund and wait until Apple decides to get their **** together. I do need a computer for schoolwork but I could probably manage for a couple months without one if it must come to that. What should I do? I wonder what percent of 2013 MBA's even have functional WiFi straight out the box

2. grh2013 macrumors newbie

me on 3

I`m on my 3rd MBA and still no fix in sight. Have been through all levels of support only to be finally advised to give up on it and pay for an upgrade to a pro...feel screwed

3. imjoee macrumors 6502

imjoee

Go to a different best buy and pick one up from there. Maybe the bestbuy you are currently getting them from still has the "defective" MBA, because i did read on a forum that a buying apple customer did hear the best buy employees saying "did we get the NEW MBA in?"

I also picked mine up from BB and no wifi problems.

If the third time has the same issue then call up apple care/support and complain heavily and ask for some sort of voucher or money refund, if that doesnt work then do the same with BB.

4. luisito macrumors regular

luisito

MBA mid 2013 WiFi issues have been addressed and fixed with a recent upgrade no more than a month ago.

5. maharajji thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I think I'll just get a 3rd replacement from the same Best Buy and hope for the best since I'd first have to get a refund to do what you're suggesting and that would take up to 10 business days to process.

Also, have you tested your MBA at multiple locations?

----------

Thank you, but the upgrade fixed a very small percentage of MBA's with the issue. In some cases the upgrade created issues on MBA's that initially had none.

6. imjoee macrumors 6502

imjoee

Hi, yes i have up to date tested in 2 places.

7. grh2013 macrumors newbie

Yes...

the 3 MBA lemons I got all drop at my home, work and at the Apple store. Have all been upgraded, troubleshooter ran at the genius bar on all 3, high level support and no fix offered yet. I like the damn thing except for this issue. I just keep hoping for a fix.