Wifi issues with iPhone 6S Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by izc, Jan 27, 2016.

1. izc macrumors newbie

I purchased a iPhone 6S Plus (64gb) about a week after launch. Since then, I've had a strange issue with my connectivity over wifi- namely the connectivity will simply stop. Safari pages won't load, twitter feed won't refresh etc. The issue is fixed by turning wifi off and back on. There are days when this issue doesn't occur, but it happens 2-3 times a day, on average.

It sounds like no big deal but having to wait 1 minute for a page to load, only to see it fail, and then having to open another app is extremely frustrating - especially when I paid $400 + contract on this phone. I know I should have gotten a replacement the day after I bought it, but I wanted to avoid the $35 restocking fee from Verizon, and I was hopeful the issue could be fixed through software updates. My question is, what options do I have now? Would it be useful to go to the Apple Store, since I can't reproduce the issue on demand? Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what worked for you?

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Does this happen all the time no matter where you are, or only at home. If only at home or only at a certain location such as work or maybe a restaurant or library or such then I would suspect the WIFI network at that location.

If it is occurring at home then my next question is do you have a master WIFI unit and a repeater. If so, then I would recommend unplugging the master unit, wait about 10 seconds then plug it back, wait a few minutes for the system to come back up, and then test it again. This may have fixed your problem.

3. izc thread starter macrumors newbie

Great suggestion. Unfortunately, this happens at work and home. Further my iPad Air running ios 9 has no such connectivity issues.

I'm at a loss. Will any GeniusBar be able to help me if I come in and tell them my wifi fails - intermittently?