WiFi Issues with MBA 13" Early 2015

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mattdub619, May 16, 2015.

1. mattdub619 macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone,
    Curious if anyone else with a new macbook pro is experiencing the same issue?

I'm finding when I go to use my mac after its been sleeping for a few hours the WIFI won't connect. The WIFI signal icon is pulsing up and down then just goes to a exclamation point. I have to turn off WIFI then turn it on to get on the network and internet.

I contacted apple support and we reset the SMC, formatted and reinstalled the OS and even replaced the laptop but its still happening. The odd thing is that my 2013 MBA, iPhone and iPad don't have this issue.

Curious if it might be something related to the hardware or new driver for the new MBA.

FYI The access point is an Asus RT-AC87R and has the latest firmware updates.

Thanks in advance!

2. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

wifi

Has been a consistent problem with Yosemite. Many past threads about this problem. Not everybody experiences the wifi issue.

3. mattdub619 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I think I have figured it out. Replaced my Asus RT-AC87R with a Airport Extreme and it was better. Approx 50% of the time it would reconnect after resuming from sleep. I then unplugged another wireless device (Jabra wireless headset) which was approx a foot away from the Airport and so far everything has been OK. I guess I'll see if its still working in a couple days.