WiFi Issues With New iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Rmbxr9, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Rmbxr9 macrumors newbie

Hey, I bought my iMac on Saturday, and today and late last night I've been having issues with my Wireless.

It's just randomly going in and out, or when I click something it'll just wait forever and then sometimes if I re-hit it it'll go right away.

Thing is, when it's doing this, my iPhone wireless works perfect and so does a laptop that's running wireless.

I can plug in an ethernet cord w/o a problem, but I'd like the wireless to work.

Any ideas? Do I need to do something with the router? Everything shows up correct when I click the wifi settings, it's all there and working.

----------

Really, when things are going slow or not loading, if I just refresh or click the link again it works right away.

With my PC, this always seemed to be a spyware problem or adware issue.

2. boto macrumors 6502

boto

Make sure you update your iMac to the latest software. http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1501

3. LaWally, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012

LaWally macrumors 6502a

I guess you could try deselecting the wireless network and then reselecting? Maybe also recycling your router?

4. Rmbxr9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the link.
    Is there a way to see if I need that before I download it?

When I check for software upgrades my system says I'm up to date.

As far as re-selecting that, I've done that. I've clicked on nearby people's wifi, you know and entered a madeup pass, etc.
    Then reselected mine, and it says I'm connected when I select Network Preferences.

I'm going to try the ethernet and just see if it helps, or if it's another issue I guess.

5. Rmbxr9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I turned off wifi, and plugged in.
    And it does seem to be working better...

6. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

I'd return that sucker. My 2008 never worked properly from day 1. Tech support blamed everything except the computer even though I had no problems with my MBP or iPad connecting.