Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rmbxr9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Hey, I bought my iMac on Saturday, and today and late last night I've been having issues with my Wireless.

It's just randomly going in and out, or when I click something it'll just wait forever and then sometimes if I re-hit it it'll go right away.

Thing is, when it's doing this, my iPhone wireless works perfect and so does a laptop that's running wireless.

I can plug in an ethernet cord w/o a problem, but I'd like the wireless to work.

Any ideas? Do I need to do something with the router? Everything shows up correct when I click the wifi settings, it's all there and working.

----------

Really, when things are going slow or not loading, if I just refresh or click the link again it works right away.

With my PC, this always seemed to be a spyware problem or adware issue.

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
Hey, I bought my iMac on Saturday, and today and late last night I've been having issues with my Wireless.

It's just randomly going in and out, or when I click something it'll just wait forever and then sometimes if I re-hit it it'll go right away.

Thing is, when it's doing this, my iPhone wireless works perfect and so does a laptop that's running wireless.

I can plug in an ethernet cord w/o a problem, but I'd like the wireless to work.

Any ideas? Do I need to do something with the router? Everything shows up correct when I click the wifi settings, it's all there and working.

Make sure you update your iMac to the latest software. http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1501

LaWally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2012
I guess you could try deselecting the wireless network and then reselecting? Maybe also recycling your router?

Last edited:

Rmbxr9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Thanks for the link.
Is there a way to see if I need that before I download it?

When I check for software upgrades my system says I'm up to date.

As far as re-selecting that, I've done that. I've clicked on nearby people's wifi, you know and entered a madeup pass, etc.
Then reselected mine, and it says I'm connected when I select Network Preferences.

I'm going to try the ethernet and just see if it helps, or if it's another issue I guess.

Rmbxr9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Well, I turned off wifi, and plugged in.
And it does seem to be working better...

kdoug

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa City, IA USA
Well, I turned off wifi, and plugged in.
And it does seem to be working better...

I'd return that sucker. My 2008 never worked properly from day 1. Tech support blamed everything except the computer even though I had no problems with my MBP or iPad connecting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.