wifi issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by babyt, Nov 12, 2011.

1. babyt macrumors regular

babyt

hello, i am having so rather peculiar wifi issues recently :-(
    whenever i put my MBP to sleep, then wake it up it takes close to 5 minutes to reestablish wifi connection [before it took maybe 10 seconds?]
    that has been happening all day and now I'm starting to get wifi timeouts and the connection dropping. i am mabe 10 feet away from our router which has a huge area of influence.
    could this be an update issue as i just updated today? [can't remember if was happening before today, as i have had a stressful week]
    thanks

ohh btw I'm using the early 2011 15 mbp 2.0

2. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

It's an intermittent yet known issue. For now, just toggle Wi-Fi off/on when it craps out. No need to wait for the signal to come back on its own.

3. Kraznoff macrumors member

This just happened to me after the update a couple days ago. After going to sleep I can't reconnect t the internet. It says I'm connected and I have full bars but there is no internet. Turning it on/off doesn't work, I have to restart my computer every time. This is unbelievable. Are there any fixes?

4. babyt thread starter macrumors regular

babyt

Oh ok. I did not know it was a know. Issue (thank god it is, I've been thinking lately somethings off about my mbp but don't live close to an apple store)

Also I just don't put my Mac to sleep now unless I absolutely have to. :/

5. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

Do a lot of people on MBP have WiFi connecting problems, It always pegs out at some point, and then it's a regular thing once it starts it doesn't stop. Is there any good reason for it on the earier 2011 13" i5?