wifi issues

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Serban, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Serban Suspended

On my late 2012 wifi does not connect anymore. Yesterday i had over 30Mbs/sec ell and today i was having like 9Mbs/s so i tried to reset the router for 5 seconds. After that my wifi doesn't req my network anymore. But i have my macbook and iPhone/ipad connected to the network.

What are the solutions?
    Thank you

2. Serban thread starter Suspended

I don't understand, i resolv the issue by changing the network name, but my internet is still very slow about 4-5 mbs instead of over 30. Can my router (drink) has some limitations on? Im kind of beginner in networking

On my macbook im downloading with over 1.5 MB/sec on my imac i do like 150KB/sec..same file
    I don't understand because yesterday was doing fine

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Troubleshooting wifi can get kind of complex, there are a lot of different things that will affect it. Start out by going through this article, some of the steps might help:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4199?viewlocale=nl_nl

Also if you can plug your Mini (or some other computer) into an Ethernet port on the router & check the speed, that will help. If you're getting slow performance on wifi but not on Ethernet, then it's a wifi issue. If it's slow wireless and wired both, then it's something else (e.g. the modem or ISP or router settings)

4. Serban thread starter Suspended

but if i want to reinstall my ML how can i do it..i don't have any flash drives or dvd(imac late 2012) and when i am restarting the cmd+r is not working i guess because i have wireless keyboard..so? any suggestions ?

5. richard13 macrumors 6502a

How are you measuring 30Mbps from your computer to the router? Or are you mistaking your internet connection to your router here?

As far as re-installing ML, you can by using the CMD+R key combo you just need to hit it at the right time. I run into this a lot myself. You should hit it just after the screen goes from black to gray (before the iMac chimes).

6. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

someone might have set up a wireless internet connection near you with the same channel as you. I would specify a different channel and then run speedtest.net and keep changing channels trying each time until you get the best connection.

7. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

This is how I solved the issues in my old apartment. There were so many routers in the area. Most of them were on channel 6 so I changed to 3 and I got my speed back. It also helped with drop outs.