wifi lock passwords?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jrok18, Sep 13, 2008.

1. jrok18 macrumors regular

Hey guys whats up im the one with the cracked ipod that cant sync my ipod touch to itunes anymore . Anyways im always at a friends house i try to use wifi but all his neighbors has lock passwords or if im cruise down the road or at school there is always passwords. So does anyone know a trick to use the wifi with passwords? I always try guessing the password by just typing the name of the wifi and it works , i even get the full bars but cant access the web or itunes . So whats up with that? O and i know its illegal but at least im not steeling anything from apple.

2. YodaEXE macrumors member

Hey, here's an idea! Go away. Sounds good, right? :D

3. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Did i say something wrong?

4. YodaEXE macrumors member

Yes. Aside from the horrid spelling and grammar, you're asking for help to do ILLEGAL things. So, basically, GO AWAY. You're really unwanted here.

5. Avizzv92 macrumors regular

Do you realize the wifi is protected by a WEP Key, not a regular password like the kind you use too log on to this forum. The odds of guessing the Key are extremely extremely remote. You have a better chance of a getting struck by lightning 3 times in the same day, then guessing the key.

The Ipod Touch can't crack WEP keys like a computer can, it just doesn't have the capabilities.

6. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry i didn't know i was sounding like a complete idiot. Also i know my grammar,spelling aint the sharpest in the shed.

7. emt1 macrumors 65816

It most certainly is not... the sharpest in the shed.

8. M. Poirot macrumors member

in order to answer the question.......

If a WiFi signal is password protected you have to ask the owner of the network for permission to use it. If they give permission they will have to supply you with a password.

To gain access to a network which you either don't own or don't have permission or access is illegal...even if it is open.