WiFi loosing connectivity new MAC book pro

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by edleahey, Jan 1, 2009.

1. edleahey macrumors newbie

Maybe someone is experiencing this and can comment. Just purchased a new MB pro. Everything appears to work well, except I have been loosing connectivity intermittently from my wireless router. Airport shows the icon to be active but the requested web site does not come back. Using wireless g and others connected to do not have the same problems.. I have to disconnect from the wireless router ( the airport icon is still showing connection) which then brings a message that I have lost connectivity. After re-establishing connectivity, web sites are again available. This process will repeat after 1-2 minutes of not accessing a new web site but will occasionally happen with no discernible waiting. Most of the time I have to re-enter the wep password even though it is supposed to be stored.

Anyone have any thoughts

Ed Leahey

2. hhlee macrumors 6502

have you restarted since you've been having problems? it may be worth restarting your router as well. how far are you from the router?

3. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

4. edleahey thread starter macrumors newbie

WiFi

Yes did restart. Still happens intermittently.. Will try on a different router later today.
    Thanks