wifi lost after restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by laokai, Jul 5, 2008.

1. laokai macrumors member

Something got messed up when I was syncing my Touch, and it lost all my music, videos...just about everything. I restored, and it was able to bring back some of my stuff, including photos. Then I had to put all my music and other stuff back on again.

BUT---since then, the wifi will not connect to any networks, even ones that I have used many times before. I can detect networks, but none of the details of the networks are shown when I try to connect to them (all fields are blank). And I don't get the little wifi symbol at the top of the screen. I've tried restoring again a couple of times as well as resetting the network settings in the settings. Nothing seems to help...

Any other ideas? TIA,

Chris

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Hmm...This is a bit of a tough one. I hate to say it, but have you tried turning Wifi off/on? Also try rebooting your home router/modem

3. laokai thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the reply, but I know it's not the router. I've tried it on several different open networks, and it's always the same story. It detects networks, seems to connect to them, but the details are always blank. Then when I try to use Safari, I get an "unable to connect to network" message.

Chris

4. sgtboy macrumors 6502

What happens if you connect to a network you know works, and hit the Forget this network button and/or the renew lease button?

5. sgtboy macrumors 6502

If worse comes to worse you could try another restore :(