Wifi Lost Connection

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Resist, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

Recently my 2010 13" Macbook Pro keeps losing my home Wifi connection. It's the strangest thing, because it never used to do this in the past. But within the last few weeks it keeps dropping the connection several times a night. My wireless router is working fine with other devices, so I know it's not the cause. Any suggestions? I hate to think that it's time for a Macbook upgrade.

2. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I guess there is no fix for this. All I know it that it happens to me about once a day.

3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

So I noticed that when my Macbook Pro loses my home WiFi connection and I try to log back in, it asks me for the WiFi password when it should already know it. Very strange. So after I enter the password, it tells me that it's incorrect and I have to re-enter it, then it accepts it and everything is fine for a while.

It's really getting annoying now.

4. Freyqq macrumors 601

Try turning off bluetooth. Both use the 2.4ghz, so possibly some interference. Just a guess though. Could be a software issue or something else.

5. jozeppy26 macrumors 6502

jozeppy26

Did you install any OS updates recently? Are you running 10.8.3? Maybe try resetting the network settings?

6. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Bluetooth is not on when this issue happens. This didn't start happening until the last year. I have the latest OS update installed and I've tried resetting my network settings, yet I'm still having issues.

Other devices on my home WiFi aren't being disconnected, only my Macbook Pro.

7. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

8. B... macrumors 68000

B...

9. joewillmott macrumors regular

I have had this issue with both MBPs and MBAs I have owned. I have the issue in many different locations with many different internet connections and routers. The only problem is whenever I take it into the Apple store, it fixes itself!

So annoying.

10. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

This didn't fix anything.