WiFi&LTE will WiFi over ride LTE

LennyFL

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
I will get my Verizon LTE version tomorrow. If I have LTE on and I am connected to my WiFi network will all the activity go across WiFi? How can I tell where the network activity is going across?

On my iPhone 4 it doesn't matter as I have unlimited data so I never looked into it.

Thanks,
Lenny

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
I will get my Verizon LTE version tomorrow. If I have LTE on and I am connected to my WiFi network will all the activity go across WiFi? How can I tell where the network activity is going across?

On my iPhone 4 it doesn't matter as I have unlimited data so I never looked into it.

Thanks,
Lenny
if you see the wifi icon on top, it is using wifi, if it is showing the 4g/3g it is using your data plan

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
How do you have an iPhone 4 but don't know how the data indicator works? Whatever icon is in the top left of your screen is what you're connected to and where your data will go through.

LennyFL

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
How do you have an iPhone 4 but don't know how the data indicator works? Whatever icon is in the top left of your screen is what you're connected to and where your data will go through.
I see the icon but wondered if some of the data was coming across the cellular. So does WiFi "Force" all the data to come across WiFi and not allow any to come across cellular?

As I said I didn't care on my phone because the data is unlimited. I usually leave the WiFi on, so I never know where the data is coming from unless i check.