Wifi messed up after restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by exoska, Jan 12, 2009.

1. exoska macrumors newbie

Hi all,

my problem is about the lost wifi ability on my 2.2 ysn0wed iphone.
    2 days ago while i was trying to update some apps from appstore(havent been using anything really just some useless action) i realised that the update process is stuck at the loading state. i ggled and read that the mobile installation fix for 2.1 prevents from updating. after a quick decision period i removed that fix and retried to update the useless apps. my phone got stuck for 30mins and then i manually rebooted. voila i had a silver apple logo that would not go away. damn i tried many things just not to restore , i replaced M68AP.plist thinking springboard app is messed and some tried different things i read online.

none worked so i restored (like 10 times). now i have my iphone , yellowsn0wed. but wifi is not working anymore. my home router used to get along with my iphone(and my wife's too) but it s not going well anymore. my wife's phone is good at connecting to wifi but mine is not, so another iphone at 2.2 fw can connect. i tried wep and wpa, and no security. if there s a security enabled, entered password is never accepted. and if no security is enabled, then i get a 169.254.. ip, which is absolutely useless. i restored and jailbroke over and over again using the latest pwnage tool. i wonder what i am missing. can you please suggest any other software or solution ?

thanks in advance.

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Did you try restoring to official firmware and trying the WiFi?

3. exoska thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, a minute ago i installed the original 2.2 firmware and quickpwned it on mac.(as i cant activate the phone on 2.2 on itunes) but still a no-go.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Hmm, at this point I can 99% confirm it is not a software problem since you did all those restores. I'd take it in to an Apple Store and have them check it out. BUT make sure you do a clean official restore and do not jailbreak. Have them fix it and then go back home to jailbreak.

5. exoska thread starter macrumors newbie

that may be but it went undead in my hands. i mean 10mins ago fully working, then a crash and it s gone . it really looks like a software issue.

6. leszekny macrumors newbie