Wifi Music Store + Gift Cards

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dualcore, Sep 17, 2007.

1. dualcore macrumors member

dualcore

ive heards there is no gift card support in the wifi music store, can anyone confirm this?
    im a high school student and dont have all the proper information to hook up a real iTunes account and gift card access would be ideal
    if its not included can you see it in the near future?

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I don't know why this would happen. Apparently you'd login with your itunes store id and using a gift card should be no different then how it would be on a mac.

3. dualcore thread starter macrumors member

dualcore

ah damnit.
    if they opened that up so you could use gift cards on the wifi music store, it would be so easy and convenient for the younger audience of ipod users.
    last time i checked, i only know about 3 people out of roughly 200 under 18 without an ipod.
    just think of the untapped market in that.

4. agentkow macrumors 6502

agentkow

Does this mean if you have credit at the iTunes Music Store that you have redeemed on your computer from a gift certificate, you cannot buy songs on the Touch that are then purchased from said credit?

What I mean, is that if you have already applied a gift certificate to your account, the WiFI iTMS does not withdraw from that credit? What, does it directly charge your credit card and bypass the credit? That seems weird...

Can anyone with a Touch attest to this fact?

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I think it just means you can only redeem the gift card on your laptop/desktop, but once the credit is on your account it can be used in the Wireless Store.

I might test this later.