Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Corn Chips

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2008
My phone has recently started to ignore WiFi connections, even though it says I'm connected when I go to Settings.

It was working at my house earlier, and it has never given me problems, but now it just won't use WiFi at my girlfriend's house.

I'm going to head to my house in a little bit, so I'll update the thread with whether or not it works there when I get home.

Do you think it's because of a Jailbreak app? I just deleted the only ones I've downloaded recently, like VideoRecorder, Dock, and Cycorder, but that didn't seem to help at all.

Corn Chips

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2008
It works at my house, but didn't work at my girlfriend's house.

Which is still weird, because it can detect the network and even says I'm connected in settings, but doesn't work.

And I know the wireless router works, because we were on my girlfriends laptop and it worked.

Oh well, no more wifi over there I guess =/

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
If you are having issues connecting to wifi that is a reason to take it back and get another. Let apple look at it.

Corn Chips

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2008
I'm just going to restore and update to 2.0.2 without jailbreaking it.
I'll jailbreak again (3rd time) later when something more worthwhile is abailable on Cydia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.