WiFi not turning off!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jarzinos, Aug 9, 2011.

1. jarzinos macrumors newbie

Heya everyone,

I Have an issue with my iPhone 4:
    Have you noticed that when you turn on WiFi the battery starts draining much faster? Well during usual business I noticed that even though I had the WiFi turned off, the battery would still drain as if it was on.

I have checked for other battery drainers and nothing is unusual so that has to be the only explanation.

Plus, I once saw the battery draining fast and switched the WiFi on and back off and battery went back to normal. The next time I switched the WiFi on (and after finishing business, off) it kept on draining the battery as if it was on.
    :confused::confused::confused:

Any ideas?

2. MacPlugin macrumors newbie

Make sure your brightness is not up all the way. Also not all apps need to have push notifications. and some of them do not need to be tracking you. Go into your settings and turn some of them off.. I haven't charged my iphone in 3 days and I use it A LOT.

3. jarzinos thread starter macrumors newbie

The thing is that none of the other settings were changed.
    So the brightness and the notifications and everything remained the same as they were when battery drain was normal.

To give you an indication, while it used to drain less than 3-4% overnight, now it drains up to 12-15%!!!!

4. MacPlugin macrumors newbie

Stop replacing the battery with crappy ones then? Cheap is what you get

5. jarzinos thread starter macrumors newbie

But I didn't replace anything.....that's the thing....I changed nothing!