Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muchie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
For some reason the wifi at my school isnt working, we have to wifi connections ones is free public wifi and the other WPA encrypted. Obviouly I am trying to join the public one but for some reason or a another i keep getting an error that says unable to join network "Free Public Wifi" and when I look at the setting for that connection only the ip address and subnet mask are being found. Any thought on how i could fix this or possibly a way to crack the WPA key.

modafroman

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
For some reason the wifi at my school isnt working, we have to wifi connections ones is free public wifi and the other WPA encrypted. Obviouly I am trying to join the public one but for some reason or a another i keep getting an error that says unable to join network "Free Public Wifi" and when I look at the setting for that connection only the ip address and subnet mask are being found. Any thought on how i could fix this or possibly a way to crack the WPA key.

The one that says "free public wifi" is actually just a windows laptop that has wifi set up in adhoc.... its actually a dangerous thing because once a windows lappy connects to the adhoc connection, it too starts broadcasting the free public wifi connection too....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.