WiFi not working with Airport

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gusapple, Sep 26, 2007.

1. gusapple macrumors 6502a

gusapple

So, I bought the new Halo and was wanting to play it Live, so I picked up a wireless connecter to my XBox 360. When I got home, the XBox said that the internet didn't have a high enough MTU or something. What can I do to make it work, because I just paid 100 bucks for this wireless connecter, and I want this to work without any money. Please, anybody, if you have fixed this problem, please reply.

2. Dopeyman macrumors 6502a

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

OK please explain.

Are you

1) sharing your connection via internet sharing on a mac via the built in airport ?

2) utlising an airport express basestation

3) utilising an airport 'extreme' basestation

We need more info to help.

4. gusapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

gusapple

I am using an Airport Extreme base station.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Then I hate to be the bearer of bad news but........

I have yet to get my wireless working with the 'extreme' myself :(

Worked perfectly and without any setup on an express bs, and worked with minimal setting up internet sharing from a mac.

But extreme :(:(:(

I read loads of reports that M$ released a firmware in the software/dashboard update last spring and this corrected the issue. Well if they did then they certainly didnt give me that update because mine still doesnt see my extreme.

Edit... give this a go. I still couldnt get it to work, but you never know
    http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/02/26/xbox-360-and-airport-extreme-compatibility-fix/

6. tgriego05@hotma macrumors newbie

MTU failure

i have the same problem, however im sharing my connection via internet sharing on a mac via the built in airport. I have changed the MTU a billion times using both the "terminal" and "network" panes on my mac OS X 10.4.10. I am using a airport extreme 1.1.9.3.......as far as i know i have followed all the steps to set up xbox live through the mac via internet sharing via airport (built in). Im really annoyed.

-if it matters at all, i had been using the wireless adapter for the xbox and it worked fine until it started failing the same MTU tests for some reason.

-please help