iPhone WIFI not working

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Boarderut, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Boarderut macrumors newbie

After updating to IOS6 on my 4s on Verizion, I have noticed that even though it shows I'm connected to the WIFI, the apps just sit and spin, and never load. If I turn off the WIFI then they work fine on the 3G signal. I have tried many of the suggested fixes the only one that works is turning the WIFI off and on, and then it works for only a short time before going back to not loading anything again. I'm really unhappy about this, not sure if restoring factory settings will help with this problem, also not sure what else will get wiped out by doing this ? Anybody ?????

2. lpeedin macrumors regular

I'm seeing the sane thing on my iPhone 4. Gets kinda aggravating.

3. scott523 macrumors 6502a

I'm getting this problem as well and it only happens in public networks. Then when I get home, everything is working properly.

I work at the airport and the AT&T free network I connect to just tends to drop out every minute yet the wifi symbol is there. This also applies to Starbucks networks too. It's like the water is turned on but the hose is tangled. So unreliable.

4. joekun macrumors regular

Having this issue on my iPhone 5 as well. Home network is running on a time capsule. Very frustrating. Talked to an apple store employee who said they are having the same issue on multiple models running ios6 at the store.

5. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

My iPhone 5 connects to my home network, but only manually. After several hours, like overnight when the device is turned off, it drops wifi. I re-connect to the network, but I have to enter the password each time. My iPad 3 has no issues and neither does my Mac Book Pro. Any ideas?

6. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

its specific to the iphone ios 6 apparently cause every iphone 4s and 5 in the house are having the same issue but macbooks and macbook air are fine

7. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

8. Boarderut thread starter macrumors newbie

Still having problems on my home network, for some reason the wifi is just fine on my work networks, but at home....not so much. I even reset the broadcasting channel on the wifi router to just B&G and still intermittent connectivity. I'm really annoyed !!!!

9. Beatsbyair macrumors newbie

I have the same problem and the same setup as you. There is a TON of talk about this on the Apple Support forum. Hopefully it will be addressed soon. Def an iOS 6 problem.