Wifi not working?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by California King, Oct 15, 2007.

1. California King macrumors 65816

Does anyone know why my wifi on my ipt isn't working? There isn't anything wrong with my router or anything like that. I am connected with full bars on my laptop right now. It is always full bars on my ipt, and now its only 2 with no internet activity. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the last thing I did was install NES on my ipt using installer.app and when I was going to SFTP some roms I saw that the wifi wasn't working on my ipt. My ipt is jailbroken, has summerboard, and I just recently custom arranged my icons. Anyone have any ideas? I've tried restarting and it just shows 2 bars and whenever I try to use Safari, it just quickly says that it cant find server.

EDIT: well this is weird. I turned off my wifi on my laptop and then turned it back on and now my ipt has wifi....strange.

2. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Shoot, I just noticed the same thing. I started getting errors in the Installer where it couldn't find the server, then I tried in Safari and it can't find the server, I am standing right next to my freakin router, and same thing, my lappy has full bars. I'm uninstalling NES to see if that fixes it...

3. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

What the hell? I turned off my wifi on my laptop and my wifi on my ipt was working. Then I restarted it and now it won't work. Turning on my wifi on my laptop will make it work on my ipt...anyone know what's going on?

4. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I uninstalled NES (when you are out of a game it will have a console thing on the top bar, I'm guessing this has something to do with something). And now I have full bars, but... nothing. I can't open google or anything, server's not found. I turned off the wifi on my Macbook and it didn't help at all. I don't know why it isn't working all of a sudden. It started this last night. I think it could probably have something to do with that thing where you move your applications folder or something.

Did you move your applications folder? What other apps do you have installed?

5. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Did you try turning the wifi off and on on your macbook? Thats what i did and it works.

6. adamsweeting macrumors regular

It's a shot in the dark, but maybe you're getting IP address conflicts?

I would maybe try setting the IP's manually to see if that helps.
    Can't really think of anything else.

7. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

I have no idea, but after uninstalling NES, it seemed to be working.

8. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I've turned my Macbook off and it still has issues. I have full bars I just can't go to any sites, or download anything off of installer. I can use SHH on it though, which I find odd...