Wifi on GM Build

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by dethmaShine, Jul 13, 2011.

1. dethmaShine macrumors 68000

The wifi just disconnects after some time. Whether its my iMac or its my MacBook.

Anyone with a fix?

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

Did you report the bug to Apple or check in the Apple Developer Forums? Either of those might have a fix for your problem.

3. dethmaShine thread starter macrumors 68000

I haven't been to that place for a while.

I have used http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/ for more than 30 times in the past 4 months with some major bugs in the APIs and Xcode and the infamous bug - Mission Control. I haven't really research Mac developer forums for this issue which has cropped up recently.

But I'll take your word. I better ask this on dev forums.

4. pcdsl macrumors newbie

I was having that issue... I disabled air video player server app running in the background and it hasn't dropped since. I thought it was IPV6 causing it, but disabling that didn't help. No wifi drops since I uninstalled that AVP server app. P.S. I did a clean install of lion

5. Novecento macrumors member

Novecento

6. dethmaShine thread starter macrumors 68000

Looks like the following:

'15/07/2011 17:17:23.740 airportd: _doAutoJoin: Already associated to “dethmaShine”. Bailing on auto-join.
    15/07/2011 18:20:01.000 kernel: AirPort: Link Down on en1. Reason 8 (Disassociated because station leaving).
    '

It looks like its getting disassociation packets and is trying to disconnect itself.

It started happening after the GM build. Does some one have a temporary solution to this?

7. firewalker746 macrumors newbie

Lion WiFi drops

Mine seems to drop whenever a TimeMachine backup begins. Eventually it will reconnect but it's a pain in the ass. Currently have TM disabled during the day.

8. merrickdrfc macrumors 6502

merrickdrfc

Mine was dropping all the time, since I changed the channel on my airport, hasn't dropped once.

9. Daniel97 macrumors 6502a

installed Lion last night first few hours fine but now it can't even find my wireless router :mad:

my iPhone and iPad can but the MBP can't :(

10. iphoting macrumors newbie

I've got the exact same problem too! Wifi keeps dropping right after I upgraded to Lion. I suspect that the Airport drivers got changed and there's a bug somewhere, making it very susceptible to interferences.

11. sudosu macrumors newbie