Wifi on IPHONE 3G IOS 4.00 not working. Resetting Network connections does not work.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rrichar, Oct 1, 2010.

1. rrichar macrumors newbie

two months ago I upgraded my IOS from 3.1.3 to 4.00. Two problems, one of which I need to solve. The first problem is the slowness. To solve this if you jailbreak is to install backgrounder and in the seetings disable multitasking. I don't need it that much. I don't play that many video games. So I don't miss the multitasking. The second one is the Wifi. Wifi doesn't work. I can search for a Wifi. When a connect it appears to connect but then it disconnects automatically. I have reset network settings and have even reset all settings and still have the same problem. I can connect to any wifi just fine but within seconds it disconnects without any warns. Even when I disable the 3G connect the Wifi disconnects. I have been bearing with this but now there is a wifi in my area I have access to.

2. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

1. iOS4 does not have multitasking enabled for iPhone 3G's. No need to disable.

2. Recommend restoring.

I would update the phone to iOS4.1. Improved speed on the 3G's.

3. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

kind of a known issue

wififofum found in the bigboss repo
    You will need this to access wifi.