WiFi On when device screen off?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by MBX, Nov 17, 2013.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

I'm trying to download game (1.50+GB) from the Google Play store and every time the screen automatically shuts off and when I go activate it again the download hangs up.

Does the Wifi not stay on and download stuff in background when screen is shut off?

I did a search and found somebody posting a screenshot of "Wifi Advanced" settings on a Samsung phone with option for Wifi still on when screen is shut off.

But this "Advanced" section seems no longer available on Samsung Note 3 (4.3 JB TouchWiz version)?

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Dude, it's probably best that you just start posting in the "Note 3" thread and stop creating a new thread every time you hit a road block .... and yes, it's still downloading when the screen is off.

3. walie macrumors 6502a

at this time right now, he has 17 threads on the first page. What the heck are the mods doing? are they drunk? No way they would let this fly in their precious iphone forum.

ah screw it, lets see if he gets it up to 20 threads

also, did you hit the menu key in the wifi screen?

4. mib1800 macrumors 68000

Goto wifi settings and click Menu-Advanced. Everything is there. Did you even go and take a look before you cry wolf? :p

And yes, you are getting pesky when you clog up the forum with your threads.

5. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

Edit: found it finally. Sorry I'm coming from iOS and didn't know that the only way to access settings is often by pressing the LED icon on bottom of phone.

6. walie macrumors 6502a

you mean the menu key, one of the universal ways to access settings in Android?

7. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes. Takes some time to get used to it. IMO I prefer when all the options are IN the actual interface and not outside of it. That's the one thing I find weird about Android/ phones that you need to press outside of UI to get to certain settings.

8. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Give it time, eventually you'll get used to it. Remember, you're coming from an entirely different OS so certain aspects of the UI will difer from what you're used to.

9. unlinked macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't really think of physical hardware buttons as outside of the UI.