Wifi or 3G? Which one you rockin with?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by master-ceo, Jan 29, 2010.

?

Which version of iPad you getting? Wifi or 3G?

1. Wifi All the Way!

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. 3G Baby!

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

So torn between the 2. To me this is the main flaw. I want both!
    I'm leaning towards wifi tho. How bout you?
    This decision might change my mind about picking one up, if I give it too much thought. lol

2. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

If you have the money, I would go for the 3G.

For me, I'm getting neither.

3. WytRaven macrumors 6502

What do you mean "you want both". The two unit designs available are WiFi only or WiFi+3G...

4. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I plan on getting the 32GB Wi-Fi version on Day 1. Then when they come out with iPad 2 in a year, I'll get the 128GB 3G version and give my iPad 1 to my daughter.

5. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

I want the one with the built-in webcam. Then I'll buy 2 of their best models plus accessories. Til then, the money stays in my wallet.

6. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

For me it depends on how my money is when it comes out and it also depends on contract requirements. If I can call and activate now and then when I need it, it makes a lot of sense to have the 3G model. But if activation once means I'm stuck shelling out 15 (or more) bucks a month forever and ever amen (a year or more), I'll skip 3G and go for wifi only. A year of 3G adds $180-360 to the cost of the device. I voted wifi only because I doubt Att will offer a "pay per view" option for this device.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If ATT's 3G footprint were bigger I'd consider 3G, but as-is it doesn't make sense for me as I'd only use it when I travel and too many places I go are still EDGE. Maybe if Verizon offers some sort of competitive deal w/ MiFi before I order, but I don't really expect that to happen.

8. grahamtearne macrumors regular

I think your a bit confused, you CAN have both, there are 2 models:

Model 1: WIFI ONLY
    Model 2: WIFI + 3G

There is no 3g only device.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

The 3G service is pre-paid. There is no contract. So if you are traveling one month you can buy it. Next month you are home, just cancel. Following month on the road again, reactivate. Rinse and repeat.

10. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

11. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I want one with flash.

12. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I'm going with Wi-Fi. I just won't use 3G enough to justify paying a $130 premium as well as $15 - even if its only for one month - when I will always have my iPhone on me. If I'm that desperate, I can just use my iPhone. 99% of the time I'm in range of a free wireless network, and the only time I'm not is when I'm at a train station or airport where I can easily purchase an hour or so of access for less than $15.

13. Rlkv011 macrumors regular

I am thinking of getting the wi fi version. I already have a 3GS, and I dont see myself carrying an iPad everywhere I go like my iPhone. I think it would be awesome if we can take the 3g connection off the iphone and tether it to the iPad (most likely with a jailbroken app like pdanet). I tether my iphone to my MBP all time by setting up an ad hoc network and using pda net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.