wifi Out of Range ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bluebird3, Aug 18, 2014.

1. bluebird3 macrumors regular

This has never happened to me before. I have two devices. One is my rmbp and the other is a simple android phone. I was using my rmbp in my living with wifi connected and the cell phone everywhere around the house. I just brought my rmbp into the office space where the router is located along with my phone. The rmbp is still connected to the wifi, however the phone is not recognizing the signal. Under the phone setting it says, "not in the range" I have turned my phone on and off, re-set the wi fie and now under signal strength says " excellent ", hit "connetct" and it does not connect..... any trouble shoot idea ?

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Does the Android phone have any problems with other Wi-Fi networks?

3. bluebird3, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014

bluebird3 thread starter macrumors regular

hi just got all the devices re-connected and I did not do anything... weird. No my Android phone never had any problem before.... I noticed my router was heating up really HOT. But I think it was because my Apple Cinema Display power connector was sitting directly on top of the router. I've never noticed this got so hot to a point I could barely touch it. I just connected my rmbp to this Apple Cinema display tonight for the first time. I was using this monitor for my older Mac and now since I have a macbook, I decided to connect the two.....

Is it possible that my mac is eating up all the bandwidth ? My mac is constantly being connected but not my phone. Now my phone is connected to "guest" ... wait now connected to my "main" on Linksys router..... it supposed to connects up to seven devices tho... its been going backn force between "main" and "guest"... weird.

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

If it is an old router it is possible it is overloaded but I find that hard to believe with just two devices. I would try resetting the router and setting it back up with a new wireless network name and trying it out then.

5. bluebird3 thread starter macrumors regular

Hello, just re set everything and now working ok. Thank you. I am not sure what caused all this but it seems to be working fine now.

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Generally, provided there is no blatant bug or hardware issue, a factory reset fixes many things.