Wifi Password

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ZhonguoRamon, Jun 2, 2008.

1. ZhonguoRamon macrumors newbie

So I want to get my iPod touch connected to my wireless network. It asks for a password, though. Is this my WEP or what? I tried my WEP and it failed...

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Depends on what you have your own router set to. There are many types of wireless passwords. Find out which one your router uses, then put that info onto the iPod.

3. ZhonguoRamon thread starter macrumors newbie

How can I figure out what I need?

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Go into the security settings of the router and see what it's set to. This will be specific to your router so look it up in either a paper manual or on the internet. Some operate through your browser, others use independent apps.

5. theking. macrumors newbie

is there any way to find a password to use safari on my touch in a place where I shouldnt have the password? such as my school? I realize this is illegal but is there a way?

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yeah, ask your IT manager... That's about all the help that you'll get on this board.

7. ZhonguoRamon thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so I just typed in 192.168.1.1 and saw all of my router information, but apparently wireless security is disabled. o_o

If it's disabled, why is Safari asking for a password?

8. menthol moose macrumors regular

Are you sure it's asking for a password for the network? It might be asking for a password for a specific site.

9. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Settings > WiFi > Click the Arrow next to your WiFi > Select Forget Network

then...

Open Weather and when it goes to check the weather you will be prompted for a password. Tell us what happens?