wifi printer lexmark pro200-s500

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by adykacen, Aug 6, 2010.

1. adykacen macrumors newbie

hey,

i have mac book (10.5.8) connected to a wirless router
    my printer also connected there.

when prinditing via USB - it is OK
    when printing vif WIFI - i am getting the message in printer que: printer is currently off-line

2. adykacen thread starter macrumors newbie

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Remarkably, Lexmark explicitly supports wireless printing from Macs with your printer. However, you cannot use your USB setup to print wirelessly. Have you setup your printer for wireless printing?

4. adykacen thread starter macrumors newbie

yeh, I used the printer wifi wizard

The printer is connected. and if i put its IP in the browser i can see all of it details.

the printer, router and mac can detect every thing.

but every time i try to print - i get the "currently off-line" answer

5. BelkinMAC macrumors newbie

How did you add your printer to the print queue? Did you add it using print and fax or did you use the Lexmark Setup Assistant (dialog that pop-up after the driver installation)? I suggest using the latter. The Lexmark Setup Assistant is bundled in your CD/DVD driver.

6. adykacen thread starter macrumors newbie

I used lexmarks's wifi assistant wizard

and updated the driver, and updated the firmware...

7. BelkinMAC macrumors newbie

Nope, I'm talking about the Lexmark Setup Assistant. Not the Lexmark wifi wizard. They are not the same.

8. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Lexmark Setup Assistant does things that only Lexmark knows how to do. That would be to maintain your Lexmark printer after you install it. All printers on MacOS X 10.6 are installed using the use the Print & Fax preferences pane.

9. skorpien macrumors 68020

Simple question, did you delete then add the printer again after setting it up wirelessly? If you only add it as a USB printer, you can only print to it when connected via USB. If you want to print to it wirelessly, you have to treat it like an entirely new printer and install it again.

10. adykacen thread starter macrumors newbie

I used the assistant - didn't work
    i added a new printer. and at this stage i can scan wireless, but still can't print wireless.

maybe something is configured wrong in the mac network/printing/ something else

11. skorpien macrumors 68020

12. adykacen thread starter macrumors newbie

13. vladzaharia macrumors regular

Some Lexmark drivers might not be installed already, and the Setup Assistant installs it along with the other Lexmark utilities.

14. BelkinMAC macrumors newbie

The TS is using 10.5.8.. So he needs to use the Lexmark Setup Assistant to install the printer wirelessly.

15. BelkinMAC macrumors newbie

If you used the assistant, it will prompt you to print a test page after your printer has been successfully setup. I suggest you run the assistant again and print a test page there.

16. mschneid02 macrumors newbie

same problem

I am having the same problem. I have a PC which I also attached to the same network and it works fine. I've used the Lexmark wireless setup assistant like 50 times and it says it's ok, but then i get the same 'offline' message.